I left my light at the surface



I left my light at the surface
I walked into darkness
Drifted and erred
Gone and lost
Lost conscience and punctured morals
Strayed and ran into the world
But you waited
I kept running
I ran at a fast pace
I ran away from chains of rules
I wanted a self decided life
I desired unlimited freedom
I envied the other side of the world
But you waited
Then it happened
Just less than a dozen strikes
I fell on my fours
I was battered
I was disarrayed in thoughts
My brain was imbalance
But you waited
Looks like no way of escape
Like the pus from a festering wound
So unsure of being alive the next day
The world seems to be burning with fire all around me
Everywhere reeked of danger
I seeked for a cloak to hide my shamed self
Like a prodigal son
I took the next train back home
Until now, I haven't realised how far I have gone
He accepted me from afar
He knew my past and covered my shame
He sat down to speak to me
You waited for me.
His amazing grace is still in abundance.
#HaveYouMetJesus
#SundayWorship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastors And Their Private Jet Mentality - Alexander Eboh

Kogi State Governments To Take Over KSU Over Failed Security Challenges .

APC Members Reject Yahaya Bello In Olamaboro Local Government