The Testament - Episode two

The Testament - episode 2
By Black ace art

Kenneth: babe, uhm!...
Naomi: What did you just say, wh... Who's Christina?
Kenneth: Nobody, just my ex, I'm s...
Naomi: (interrupts) wait! You having sex with me and at the same time you fantasizing about your ex?

Kenneth: Babe I'm sorry! I don't really know what happened!
Naomi: Are you sleeping with her?
Kenneth: No I swear, and I won't justify what I did with an excuse, I wasn't fantasizing about her I swear!
Naomi: It's not only about you fantasizing about your ex Ken! We used to be so great, I used to see your eyes light up every time you laid eyes on me but now... You don't look at me the same, all we talk about is business and the economy, I couldn't give a flip about inflation, I need my husband back, I need us back.

Kenneth: I know dear, I've been more focused on building an empire for us that I ended up neglecting the greatest treasure of all, you! and I am very sorry, I promise things will change from now on, I'll be the guy you fell in love with.
Naomi: (Smiles and gives kenneth a hug as she weeps in tears of joy) Thank you Ken! I love you so much!
Kenneth: I love you too Nae!

Kenneth and Naomi were working pretty hard to sort out their problems, but none of them were really happy, they just did not find that spark that used to define their love before, they took therapy sessions, they took in couple activities but still couldn't fill that void within them, they both just couldn't get it together, until they both decided that maybe a little time apart will help them figure out what is really missing.

Kenneth committed his time fully into growing his business, hooking investors and artists, and also investing into other developing entertainment productions and hospitality sections, and Naomi decided to take a few days off work.

A day went by, then a week, then a month, and they were still trying hard to find their way back to each other, how pathetic, can't they just see what's really going on? Oh well let me not give away anything too soon.

They made sure they called each other everyday and have a few sexual activities with each other once or twice a week, but even their sexual life was dull, they had to depend on numerous explicit movies to gain a little interest In each other, they tried their best really, but just couldn't find what was missing.

Linda saw how depressed Naomi was and suggested a trip to a local bar just to cheer her friend up, and it was poetry night at Teddy's Lounge, Linda knew the owner of the bar, and scored a few free tickets, Naomi agreed

Later that night they dressed up for the occasion, and as they went into the club Naomi felt a certain vibe that she never felt before, she suddenly felt like she was home, a place full of artists expressing themselves through their craft and their clothing, people who didn't care what anybody said about them but how they see themselves.

But that was not what struck her the most, she was struck by the last artists that closed up the occasion with a poem that moved her a lot, he was not her type, he was not buff enough, not cute enough, yet there was something about him.

Maybe it was he way he moved or the way he portrayed his art and the pictures painted by his words was the most beautiful vision she ever imagined, he was good with his words, or maybe it was the simplicity of the way he dressed, a black and white cap, a key chain, a tight white T-shirt, a baggy black jean and white sneakers, so after the show Linda introduced Naomi to the owner of the club

Linda: Devin this is Naomi, Naomi this is Devin, the owner of this club and the greatest writer and artist I've ever had the pleasure of knowing
Devin: Oh come on! (Hold Naomi's hand through her palm and kisses her forehand" pleasure to meet you miss Naomi
Naomi: *oh he's charming too* (she thinks) the pleasure is all mine, and its Mrs Naomi Sekhukhune

Devin: My bad, can I offer you ladies drinks?
Naomi: No, we have to go...
Linda: Oh nonsense! Yes dear, I'll have a class of red wine, she'll have some...?

Naomi: Orange juice please.
Devin: Coming up! (Walks towards the bar)
Naomi: (whispers harshly to Linda) what you doing we gotta go, I'm a married woman, I can't be seen in bars with strange men!

Linda: (laughs) Wait you have a thing for the guy!? Oh Naomi, Naomi Naomi!
Naomi: No I don't, its late and I have to get home
Linda: Home where, to the hotel or your boring husband?

Naomi: Anywhere but here, this not gonna end...
Devin: (interrupts) Bottle of red wine for you and an orange juice for the lady, but I bought two glasses of wine hoping the lady would change her mind, it seems like you need it
Naomi: Oh really, what makes you say that?

Devin: I once was a bar and I own a barman, I make a living off people with problems at home and looking to let loose a bit, and I'm guessing you've been married for a while, let me guess high school sweetheart?
Naomi: you told him? (Asks Linda)
Linda: No! Devin is an expect on people trust me, he's my personal therapist, and he charges by the round instead of per hour.

Naomi: Okay Dr Devin, give it a shot and psycho analyze me.
Devin: Alright! Your married to your high school sweetheart, the both of you have never been apart from each other since then, I guess you went to college together, work together, and I'm guessing his a very powerful man, seeing your forced into wearing this shell of a suit, and judging by the way you keep playing with your ring on your finger, the both of you are facing your tragic moments and you being in a club makes you feel like you betraying him in a way but still you feel like taking the ring off your finger and letting loose a bit, but you've been together for so long that you are afraid of enjoying life without him because it doesn't seem normal to you, in short your life is boring and you are uptight.

Naomi: Excuse me! My life is not boring (answers defensively), I happen to be the COO of a major recording label and investment company, my life demands me to wear and look professional at all times, yes me and my husband are at our low but he's my everything and I'm nothing without him.
Devin: But how do you know that?
Naomi: What do you mean?

Devin: Judging by your statements and how defensive you are when a man gets near you, your husband was your first wasn't he? And the idea of being with another man other than him scares you to death, that's why you so defensive, you fear temptation.
Naomi: whatever! And I can be around men and not fear temptation because I love Kenny
Devin: Prove it!
Naomi: Okay how?

Devin: Spend a day with me tomorrow, and if you pass I'll admit that I'm a bad barman and I don't really know people
Naomi: I don't know about that
Devin: My point exactly, coward.

Linda: Come on babes, what do you have to loose? its not like you have a social life when I'm not around, live a little, and prove him wrong.
Naomi: Okay, but if you try anything cute or funny I swear I'll cut the day short, and kick you in the nuts while I'm at it!
Devin: (laughs smoothly) Noted, (offers Naomi a hand shake and Naomi receives it)

Linda: Okay okay! enough of that, I came here so we can have a good time, so let's do that please.
Devin: Well I gotta entertain my other guests, Lee I'll see you later and Naomi I'll see you tomorrow morning at 9am, I'll get your numbers from Linda, goodnight ladies.

As Devin walks away to entertain his other guests Naomi couldn't help but feel fascinated by Devin's charisma, the way he looked at her when they spoke, it was like he was looking through her eyes and connecting directly to her soul, she tried her best to hide it but she was star struck and couldn't wait to see what he has planned for tomorrow, and as Linda kept blubbering the whole time at the bar she kept glancing at Devin and saw how good he was with people, how confident he was and she wished she had that in herself.

She hadn't taken even a sip of her orange juice but she was surprised that she was on her 4th glass of wine, and felt she could drink more and not notice as long as she could peak at him for a while, then it was time to go, she wanted to say goodbye but Devin was MIA.

So they left and throughout the whole trip to the house she still was lost in thoughts of this guy she just met, what is it about him that has her so hooked onto him? As she was still in her own thoughts Linda is repeatedly calling out her name and suddenly she regains consciousness...

Linda: Naomi!
Naomi: Yes!
Linda: You're home, I gotta go to sleep I have work tomorrow (looks at her watch and laughs) I mean today.
Naomi: Oh yes! thanks for a fun night, love you (opens the door and exits the car)
Linda: Love you too, and good luck tomorrow!
Naomi: Yeah, yeah, yeah! Whatever! (Yawns as she closes the door and walks towards her door)

She eventually enters her apartment and as locks the doors, and as soon as she climbs on her sofa she fell into a deep hole of sleep, but still couldn't wait for the next morning, oh I mean the next few hours.

(To be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Pastors And Their Private Jet Mentality - Alexander Eboh

Kogi State Governments To Take Over KSU Over Failed Security Challenges .

APC Members Reject Yahaya Bello In Olamaboro Local Government